Sunday, September 11, 2011

Memories of 9/11

First, I would like to express my sincere condolences to all of the families and friends who lost someone and were deeply affected by the events of 9/11. I, myself along with my husband watched on TV as the second plane hit the tower and thought to myself..what the hell is going on.
Recently on my last fam to mexico, I met a gentleman in the pool named Jim LaPenna. Below is his story.
Jim Lapenna was working as an electrician just blocks away from the World Trade Center Complex on that tragic morning and instinctively fled from his job to the scene of the crime with a heart full of hope. He lost his job because he felt that helping in this tragedy was more important.
He was a first responder and when he told us his story..we could not believe that this brave man would give up everything to rush to ground zero.
He has many physical ailments resulting from him being at ground zero, but he doesn't let any of it stop him from telling his story.
I applaud him and people like him

No comments:

Post a Comment